An American best-selling author and keynote speaker, a significant thought leader in the personal development industry and former publisher of SUCCESS business magazine, Darren Hardy teaches his own street-tested life and business philosophy supported by the life stories and examples of the most successful people on the planet to inspire millions of people.
Who Is Darren Hardy?
From the very young age, Hardy was taught the principle “No pain, no gain” by his father. Being encouraged to take risk, overcome weaknesses, and constantly improve his skills and abilities, Hardy started his own business at the age of 18. It was not an easy route, in fact, it was paved with obstacles and failures. However, his passion for entrepreneurship and the lessons he learned throughout his childhood led him to become a self-made millionaire by age 27. He attributes his success to his dad and his mentor, Jim Rohn and other mentors along the way.
Darren Hardy started his career in the personal development and success industry as an executive producer of SuccessTV, a personal development-focused television network. It was the time when Internet media had just started appearing on the market, so he dived into relatively new and undercovered field. There he met Jim Rohn, who later became his mentor and a friend.
In 2007 Hardy became the publisher and editor of SUCCESS magazine, print medium focused on professional and personal development. By working there for nearly a decade he had a unique chance to interview and study the most successful people on the planet such as Steve Jobs, Richard Branson, Elon Musk, Mark Zuckerberg, Jeff Bezos, Steve Wynn, Howard Schultz, Jack Welch, Donald Trump and other brilliant personalities such as Tony Robbins. He found the common pattern between the great achievers and discovered what it takes to become really successful.
Hardy participated in the rebirth of SUCCESS Magazine, which exceeded 799,000 readers, and in December 2015 announced his resignation in order to search for new opportunities.
The best-selling books of Darren Hardy mentioned in the New York Times, were published during his work in SUCCESS:
- “The Compound Effect: Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life and Your Success“
- “Living Your Best Year Ever: A Proven System for Achieving BIG Goals“
- “The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster: Why NOW is the Time to #JoinTheRide“
Hardy has led three success television networks, including producing and master distributing of The People’s Network (TPN) and a president chair of The Success Training Network (TSTN). He had interviewed every famous thought leader of our time and produced a significant amount of TV shows.
Today, Darren Hardy is preeminent success mentor to CEOs and high-performance achievers and a worldwide recognized leader in the personal growth and success industry. He has more than 20 years of work experience in this area.
Hardy helps entrepreneurs and business leaders to succeed using his personal experience, principles, and the studies and investigations he has made throughout his career by analyzing the insights and business strategies of the world’s most successful people.
Darren Hardy shares his works through his Facebook page, website and YouTube channel, where he spreads short daily videos on how to improve the quality of life, business, and productivity. Below are the best quotes we have collected. Some of them are from his books, others are from his daily teaching and keynote speeches.
Darren Hardy’s Inspirational Quotes
- “It’s not the big things that add up in the end; it’s the hundreds, thousands, or millions of little things that separate the ordinary from the extraordinary.”
- “It’s not getting to the wall that counts; it’s what you do after you hit it.”
- “Motivation without action, leads to self-delusion.”
- “No matter what has happened to you, take complete responsibility for it—good or bad, victory or defeat. Own it. My mentor Jim Rohn said, “The day you graduate from childhood to adulthood is the day you take full responsibility for your life.”
- “The (Complete) Formula for Getting Lucky: Preparation (personal growth) + Attitude (belief/mindset) + Opportunity (a good thing coming your way) + Action (doing something about it) = Luck”
- “The person who has a clear, compelling, and white-hot burning why will always defeat even the best of the best at doing the how.”
- “What controls you attention, controls your life.”
- “You alone are responsible for what you do, don’t do, or how you respond to what’s done to you.”
- “You cannot see what you don’t look for, and you cannot look for what you don’t believe in.”
- “Your childhood doesn’t have to define you. Neither do your parents. Grow up, lead your own life.”
- “Your main competitors are not others in your industry. Your main competitors are distractions. Don’t let them beat you – stay focused.”
- “Your brain is not designed to make you happy. Your brain has only one agenda in mind: survival.”
- “Don’t envy the achiever, BE the achiever.”
[thrive_headline_focus title=”On Routine and Habits” orientation=”left”]
- “A daily routine built on good habits and disciplines separates the most successful among us from everyone else. A routine is exceptionally powerful.”
- “Losing is a habit. So is winning. Now let’s work on permanently instilling winning habits into your life.”
- “When it comes to breaking old habits and starting new ones, remember to be patient with yourself. You’ve got to expect it’s going to take time and effort before you see lasting results.”
- “You will never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine.”
[thrive_headline_focus title=”On Success” orientation=”left”]
- “Earning success is hard. The process is laborious, tedious, sometimes even boring. Becoming wealthy, influential, and world-class in your field is slow and arduous.”
- “Seek out positive people who have achieved the success you want to create in your own life. Remember the adage: “Never ask advice of someone with whom you wouldn’t want to trade places.”
- “We are all self-made men and women, but only the successful take credit for it.”
- “All winners are trackers.”
- “Consistency is the key to achieving and maintaining momentum.”
[thrive_headline_focus title=”On Making Choices” orientation=”left”]
- “In essence, you make your choices, and then your choices make you.”
- “Small, Smart Choices + Consistency + Time = Radical Difference”
- “The Compound Effect is the principle of reaping huge rewards from a series of small, smart choices.”
- “The first step toward change is awareness. If you want to get from where you are to where you want to be, you have to start by becoming aware of the choices that lead you away from your desired destination.”
- “Your biggest challenge isn’t that you’ve intentionally been making bad choices. Heck, that would be easy to fix. Your biggest challenge is that you’ve been sleepwalking through your choices.”
[thrive_headline_focus title=”On Goals and Dreams” orientation=”left”]
- “Don’t follow your dreams. Chase them down with aggressive pursuit.”
- “Don’t wait another day to start the small disciplines that will lead you in the direction of your goals!”
- “If you are not making the progress that you would like to make and are capable of making, it is simply because your goals are not clearly defined.”
- “To achieve what you have not, you must become what you are not. You have to grow into your goals.”
- “Forget about willpower. It’s time for why-power. Your choices are only meaningful when you connect them to your desires and dreams. The wisest and most motivating choices are the ones aligned with that which you identify as your purpose, your core self, and your highest values. You’ve got to want something, and know why you want it, or you’ll end up giving up too easily.”
- “Dreams come with strings attached: Hard work, determination, persistence, sacrifice, compromise, and passion.”
- “No Excuses. If you haven’t achieved your dreams, it’s your fault.”
Those are the most inspiring quotes by Darren Hardy, make sure you don’t just read it but also apply it to your everyday life. Make sure you develop good habits, powerful daily routines that will support your goals and take massive action. As Hardy would say “Reading motivational quotes won’t make your successful. Just saying.” Get out of your comfort zone and take action now! If you love these insights, make sure to share this page with your friends.