It’s impossible to search the self-help section on a bookstore without coming across Tony Robbins. In this article, we will cover his biography, books, net worth, and most importantly, his inspirational quotes and wisdom that can change your life.
Anthony Robbins Biography
Life and business strategist Tony Robbins is committed to helping people live an extraordinary life – living the life of their own terms. With a huge amount of success worldwide and a wide array of books and seminars aimed to teach his fans and audience how to achieve their goals, it’s clear Robbins is one of the most influential motivational speakers of this generation.
But perhaps what distinguishes Robbins from other coaches and speakers is truly his charisma and ability to influence others. Tony Robbins’ events always fill up huge convention centers with eager and interested listeners. With over 50 million people helped, more than 4 million people have attended his live seminars from over 100 countries, his message is not only clear, it’s also a global one. But let’s learn more about the charismatic motivational speaker and discuss some of his most notorious career achievements.
Born in 1960, Robbins’ early life is as tumultuous as possible. With an absent father, a drug and alcohol-abusing mother, and no money to provide for the family, Robbins life wasn’t always as glamorous as it is today. After being kicked out of his house by his mother when he was 17, his decision to not come back home was certainly one of the first steps towards becoming who he is today.
Surprisingly enough, he decided not to attend college, and instead work as a janitor to make ends meet. Robbins started his career, promoting seminars for his early mentor, a well-known public figure named Jim Rohn in the late 1970s. Later on, he started to work on his own as a self-help coach, although he had no formal educational background in Psychology.
Firstly focusing on incorporating Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP) into his seminars, he later learned more about fire walking, board breaking, and incorporated these into his seminars, as a way to incentive the audience to face their fears.
His first big break came in 1988 when he first released his books and infomercials, which focused on his services as a “peak performance coach”. Often featuring actors or athletes, these infomercials took Robbins and his career straight into stardom. From this first commercial up until today, Robbins has built a notorious empire, releasing several National and New York Times bestseller books. In 2007 he was also placed 67th in Forbes Power Rank.
Robbins has been honored by Harvard Business Press as one of the “Top 200 Business Gurus”, by Accenture as one of the “Top 50 Business Intellectuals in the World”. American Express praised him as one of the “Top Six Business Leaders in the World” to coach its entrepreneurial clients. His net worth is mentioned on Forbes and Time magazine and estimated around $480 million dollars.
Tony Robbins is the author of some of the best business, personal finance and self-help books available. Most of his books went on become best sellers. Here are some of his best books:
Not only known for his career achievements as a motivational speaker, Robbins is also known as a philanthropist. Back in 1991, he started the Anthony Robbins Foundation, which focused mainly on empowering individuals and organizations, mainly working directly with schools and prisons.
In the last two years, Robbins has provided over 200 million meals to those in need. Through his partnership with Feeding America, he is on track to provide a billion meals by 2025. He also provides fresh water to 100,000 people a day in India. He has also initiated programs in more than 1,500 schools, 700 prisons and 50,000 service organizations and shelters. He is one of the biggest givers and contributors in the world.
Tony Robbins’ Inspirational Quotes
We have collected and put his best quotes in the following categories. Enjoy reading these insights and feel free to share this page on your social media to inspire others.
Goals, Success, Decision and Motivation
- “You get what you tolerate.”
- “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.”
- “People are not lazy. They simply have impotent goals – that is, goals that do not inspire them.”
- “Most people fail in life because they major in minor things.”
- “The only limit to your impact is your imagination and commitment.”
- “How am I going to live today in order to create the tomorrow I’m committed to?”
- “There’s always a way – if you’re committed.”
- “If you can’t you must, and if you must you can.”
- “It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.”
- “Using the power of decision gives you the capacity to get past any excuse to change any and every part of your life in an instant.”
- “A real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken a new action. If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided.”
- “Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.”
- “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.”
- “You are rewarded in public for what you have intensely practiced and refined in private.”
- “Most people overestimate what they can do in a year and they underestimate what they can do in two or three decades.”
- “For changes to be of any true value, they’ve got to be lasting and consistent.”
- “You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action.”
- “It not knowing what to do, it’s doing what you know.”
- “The path to success is to take massive, determined action.”
- “Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers.”
- “The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you’re in control of your life. If you don’t, life controls you.”
- “People who succeed at the highest level are not lucky; they’re doing something differently than everyone else.”
- “Success leaves clues.”
- “If you want to be successful, find someone who has achieved the results you want and copy what they do and you’ll achieve the same results.”
- “Success is doing what you want to do, when you want, where you want, with whom you want, as much as you want.”
- “You always succeed in producing a result.”
- “I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.”
- “Identify your problems, but give your power and energy to solutions.”
- “Every problem is a gift, without problems we would not grow.”
- “Your biggest problem is you think you shouldn’t have them.”
- “The only thing that’s keeping you from getting what you want is the story you keep telling yourself.”
- “If you believe you are right, or you believe you are wrong, you’re right. Whenever you are certain about it, you will support it. Remember that.”
- “Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy. Human beings have the awesome ability to take any experience of their lives and create a meaning that disempowers them or one that can literally save their lives.”
- “Where focus goes, energy flows.”
- “One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.”
Business and Money
- “It’s not the lack of resources, it’s your lack of resourcefulness that stops you.”
- “Leaders spend 5% of their time on the problem & 95% of their time on the solution. Get over it and crush it!”
- “Business is a spiritual game.”
- “Remember this: Anticipation is the ultimate power. Losers react; leaders anticipate.”
- “You either master money, or, on some level, money masters you.”
- “And always remember the ultimate truth: life is not about money, it’s about emotion.”
- “You have to make the shift from being a consumer in the economy to becoming an owner—and you do it by becoming an investor.”
- “Don’t be fearful – be educated”
- “Most business owners think that to create explosive growth they must make massive changes, but in reality, it’s all about incremental improvements.”
- “Oftentimes, the smallest changes lead to the biggest results.”
Love, Relationship, and Communication
- “To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.”
- “If you do what you did in the beginning of the relationship there won’t be an end.”
- “The quality of your life is the quality of your relationships.”
- “Remember the power of polarity – masculine/feminine energy – and you will begin to experience true love and reignite passion in your life.”
- “Trade your expectations for appreciation and your whole world changes in an instant.”
Life, Destiny, Happiness and Fulfillment
- “Raise your standards”
- “Live with passion!”
- “The secret to living is giving.”
- “Your past does not equal your future.”
- “Life is always happening FOR us not TO us!“
- “Everything happens for a reason and a purpose, and it serves you.”
- “In life, you need either inspiration or desperation.”
- “We will act consistently with our view of who we truly are, whether that view is accurate or not.”
- “The strongest force in the human personality is the need to stay consistent with how we define ourselves.”
- “It’s not the events of our lives that shape us, but our beliefs as to what those events mean.”
- “Three decisions that we all control each moment of our lives: what to focus on, what things mean, and what to do in spite of the challenges that may appear.”
- “Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.”
- “It is not what we get. But who we become, what we contribute… that gives meaning to our lives.”
- “We can change our lives. We can do, have, and be exactly what we wish.”
- “Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change.”
- “Only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life’s deepest joy: true fulfillment.”
- “We’re meant to grow so we have something to give. You can’t give something you really don’t have.”
- “In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.”
- “I challenge you to make your life a masterpiece. I challenge you to join the ranks of those people who live what they teach, who walk their talk.”
- “Success without fulfillment is the ultimate failure.”
- “When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears.”
- “Progress equals happiness.”
Robbins is also big on living with gratitude and fulfillment. He also advises people to master two important skills which are The Science of Achievement and The Art of Fulfillment. Whether you love Robbins’ message and his way of coaching people or not, it’s impossible to deny the impact he has made in the world.
Always charismatic, enthusiastic, and passionate, Robbins will continue inspiring other people around the world. We expect great things from Robbins, and can’t wait to read his next book or check out some of his next seminars. If you love his quotes above, make sure to share this page to your friends and people you care about. And as Tony would say, live strong and live with passion!